Tuesday 13 December 2011

Bee-Commerce


After the face-to-face fun of the market, I have also joined the crafty hordes on both Etsy.com and New Zealand’s version felt.co.nz

Kind of hedging my bets between the two, splitting my stock at the moment to see which reaches more people or generates traffic. There is no clear winner yet and I am liking/disliking things about both sites, but hey ... its all learning.

felt.co.nz/shop/intothewhite and http://www.etsy.com/shop/intothewhite

The hardest part is being heard above all the noise: there are so many clever people selling amazing things in both marketplaces, that is hard to be noticed. Guess it will come with time.

Once again, I have a few Xmas card sets left and I am trying to sell those (word of mouth) is working well, but I am also still pushing the non-Xmas cards, notebook sets and this print I did with wooden type brought back from England.

Started as a bit of a basic exercise, simply setting and overprinting the upper case and lower case letters ... but when I was locking up the black type I realised I was holding a lower case D, and not a B.

It stumped me for a few days, but then I made the plate of the bumble bee to fill the gap, and it works well I reckon. Really nice impression in the paper, its quite tactile how the wooden type prints.


No comments:

Post a Comment