Monday 28 November 2011

Market Day

My wares set out, ready to hawk.
Finally did it - sold at a market, and it went bloody well. Weather turned out to be fine that day, and as it was election day in NZ, the venue at Berhampore School was also a polling station. So there was a bit of extra foot traffic

Must say I really enjoyed the day - it was actually very stress free compared to printing and binding everything madly over the past 10 days or so. Basically, I just chatted to other stall holders, drank coffee and chatted to customers.

All up, I think I sold about 50% of what I took to sell so it was more than worth it, but on top of the money it was a real-life focus group for designs, colours & products, and let me see what people will actually ‘go for’.

Keen for more. Will have to hurriedly print more stuff for the upcoming Xmas markets that remain in Wellington.

A selection of the cards  - Xmas and not.

No comments:

Post a Comment