Wednesday 10 December 2014

A long slumber

Almost embarrassed to start a post now after over two years! Printing has taken a wee back seat to the arrival of a baby which led to a crisis of space in the house. My presses, even though they are small, have been under a sheet in the corner of the spare room for 18 months or so, while the car seat, bassinet, tricycle boxes etc. pile up around them.

Now it’s time to return to the inky stuff I think though. First step has been seeking to sell more of the leftover stock I had from last year, a lot of which was Xmas themed. The folks at a cool little shop in Wellington called Made It have kindly stocked quite a few of my cards and they are going really well according to feedback.


I also had a go at doing what was my first job using two colours on a small piece - not overprinting, but butting pretty close anyway. This was something I was a bit wary of on my small table top presses, but they turned out well even if I sometimes think the green & red are a tad too traditional. Maybe I should have gone fruity with some hotter colours?


























So for now I have these items available in Made It in Wellington at 103 Victoria Street, or in my online store at felt.co.nz/profile/intothewhite

It’s been very nice to get some cool feedback lately – and this is making me a lot more motivated about lifting those sheets off the presses again for new ideas. Sometime before another two years passes ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment